Domain Name Search
Domain registration is an important part of a website developer. Without a domain name, no one can identify your website on the Internet. There are millions of websites on the Internet. Thus it is difficult to find a particular website without a perfect domain name. A company that is responsible for doing domain registration is known as a domain registrar. And the company for which the domain registrar performs the domain registration process is known as Domain Registrar. Domain Name Search for websites is an important task for domain registrars. Domain registrars always provide user guidelines regarding domain registration on their websites.
Basic Criteria of an Excellent Domain Registrar
The domain registrar must maintain the following rules and regulations in order to perform the domain registration service.
1. First, the registrar must be affiliated with ICANN or Internet Corporation for the assigned names and numbers.
Policy domain registrars can protect their websites from hackers.
3. ICAN and WHOIS are both non-profit organizations responsible for managing domain registration privacy.
4. The domain registrar should provide detailed information about the domain registration process, charges, renewal fee, time duration of the domain registration process, domain registration as well as one other service and various domain name availability.
5. An excellent quality domain registrar always offers a wide range of domain name services like TLD, ccTLD. gTLD. Domain registrars can choose their preferred domain name search from a variety of options.
6. .com, .nret, .org, and .info are popular domain suffixes that domain registrars prefer for their websites.
7. Many domain registrars offer free domain registration services along with a web hosting facility. Email hosting, SSD storage facility, and unparalleled domain privacy.
Different types of domain names are available on the Internet
If you want to start your own website, it is important to provide your website with a domain name. Domain name search on a registrar website is an important task among different types of domain names.
1. Top-Level Domains or TLDs – Maximum domain registrars prefer to use TLDs. The options are .com, .net, .blog. But government organizations prefer TLDs in the form of .gov.
2. Country Code Top Level Domain or ccTLD – This domain name is useful for a particular country. The main purpose of choosing this domain name is to provide information to a particular international audience. It can help the visitors to find the website easily.
3. Generic Top-Level Domain or gTLD- This domain name provides a specification to a particular website that can help users to remember the domain name completely.
4. Premium Domain- This is an expensive domain name. Those who want to get a private domain access facility can use the premium domain name.
Relationship between web hosting and domain
1. Domain and web hosting are not the same things. The web hosting controls the website server, providing security to the web content. Web hosting enhances the speed and capacity of the website. Web hosting provider companies provide a specific place to store website resources. RAM, CPU, and SSD are the basic storage for a web server. Shared servers, dedicated servers, and VPS servers are a specialized form of web hosting services.
2. While a domain name provides the identity of a website, thus one can understand that without a domain name, a website cannot perform. A domain name is the primary process of a website, whereas web hosting is the secondary step of a website. Many domain registrars offer web hosting and domain names at the same time.
Domain name registration process
1. At the time of the registration process, domain registrars should provide basic information about the registrar’s name, address, phone number, email id, and company details. The registrar includes this information in the WHOIS book.
2. Without this basic information, a registrar cannot initiate the domain registration process. After a domain name search, providing basic information is an important task for the registrant.
3. The domain registrar then provides these registrars information to the registry, which is responsible for the technical part of the domain registration process.
4. The Registry should maintain the confidentiality of the Registrant’s details and protect that information so that no one can access the information.
5. After successful completion of registration, the Registry sends an email to the registrant and asks for the login process.
When you are registering a domain name, your personal information is stored on the WHOIS database. The WHOIS database contains your website’s IP address, domain name, and email address. ICANN protects domain registrar information from third parties.
Thus from the above information, everyone can understand to choose an excellent quality domain registrar for the ultimate security of the website, because, without proper security, you may not get success after registering the domain.